Effective Functioning of Wellbeing Committees
for Medical Staffs and Medical Groups
October 22, 2016 in Oakland
Workshop Dates and Sites
Full-day workshop (8:30am to 4:30pm)
ALAMEDA-CONTRA COSTA MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
6230 Claremont Avenue, Oakland, CA 94618
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All physician health and wellbeing committee members
Medical staff services professionals
Leadership teams from medical staffs, medical groups, medical centers, health systems
Counsel for medical staffs, hospitals, medical groups
- How do you handle the first meeting with a physician? What about the second meeting?
- What records should the committee keep about those meetings?
- What should the committee be reporting to the MEC? What should the medical staff bylaws say about that?
- What makes a person willing to serve on a wellbeing committee?
- Design policies and procedures and assess how well they are being followed.
- Translate guidelines into policies and procedures for your particular institution.
- Hold effective communications with physicians referred to the wellbeing committee.
- Prepare reports to the Medical Executive Committee that meet all requirements.
- FEE: by September 23: $500; starting September 24: $575
A reduced rate of $50 per-person is available for groups of 3 or more from the same institution
The fee includes all conference materials and continental breakfast and lunch.
Conference materials will be sent to each registrant electronically, in advance of the workshop for review.
Cancellations received in writing on or before October 10th are subject to a $50 cancellation fee. No refunds for cancellations received after October 10th. Substitutions or credit may be arranged for future workshops.
Continuing Medical Education
- This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) through the joint providership of The Cooperative of American Physicians and California Public Protection & Physician Health (CPPPH). The Cooperative of American Physicians (CAP) is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- CAP takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity. CAP designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This credit may also be applied to the CMA Certification in Continuing Medical Education. CEU Credit is available for psychologists, therapists, drug abuse counselors, nurses and physician assistants.
This live activity, Effective Functioning of Wellbeing Committees, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 6.50 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- This course has been approved for 7.0 National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) continuing education credits. Accreditation of this educational content in no way implies endorsement or sponsorship by NAMSS.
California Public Protection & Physician Health (CPPPH)
Jointly with the
Cooperative of American Physicians