CPPPH creates publications designed to clarify best practices and policies for individuals and entities charged with overseeing physician health activities. We have published three guidelines and are currently working on our fourth. Relevant white papers and documents are also available here.
We also publish documents created by other organizations and are including them here.
- Drug Testing: A White Paper of the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) [PDF] October 26, 2013 The science and the current practice of drug testing are covered in this 115-page, highly referenced paper from the American Society of Addiction Medicine with reviews of all aspects, from patient care and public health to public protection.
- Sample release of information form – Authorization for Use and Disclosure of Health Information (CHA – 2009) [PDF]
- Sample Agreement between a physician and an organization that does monitoring – Pacific Assistance Group Agreement Substance Use Disorders [PDF]
- Sample Agreement between a physician and an organization that does monitoring – CAPHP Monitoring Agreement Substance Use Disorders [PDF]
- Policies and procedures as well as many forms developed and in use by the medical staff health committee at Stanford. www.medicalstaff.stanfordhospital.org/well-being/
- Samples of forms in use by the UC Davis Medical Staff Well-Being Committee. www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/medstaffwellbeing/